For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR), the data controller is
Sunny Startup Marketing
5050 Sanders Street
Burnaby, BC, V5H 1T1
Please read the following information to understand how we collect, use, maintain, and disclose your personal information.
Generally, you can browse the website without sharing any personal information. However, should you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, submit a form, or download information material, you may be asked to voluntarily submit personal information. We may also collect information on how you use this site, such as resources browsed, searched and downloaded; the frequency and duration of visits, and your source Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
What Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information
This is information that may be used to identify you as an individual, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address, or telephone number. We may collect this information in a number of ways on this Site, including, but not limited to, the online forms, the newsletter form, as well as the comments form and email messages.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
This is information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We may collect this information in a number of ways on this Site, including, but not limited to, how you use this Site, such as resources browsed, searched and downloaded, the frequency and duration of visits, and your source IP address.
Cookies are small bits of information the website sends to your browser. They can be kept in the browser memory for temporary use or stored to a cookies file on your hard drive. The cookie cannot be read by a website other than the one that set the cookie. A cookie can also not read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
Most Web site browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to display a warning before accepting a cookie, or to refuse all cookies. You don’t need to have cookies turned on to use/navigate through many parts of this Site, however, you may have to accept the receipt of cookies to access some Resources on this Site.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- to allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests.
- to quickly process your transactions.
- to send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services we provide. You have the option to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below.
- if you are an existing customer, we will only contact you electronically (e.g. e-mail, phone, live chat) with information about services similar to those you had previously purchased if we feel these are relevant.
- to follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
If you contact us via email or phone or other means, including but not limited to social media, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes and customer service, although responding to these surveys is optional.
Sharing Your Information
In cases where we need to disclose web usage reports to others, your personal information will remain anonymous. We do not disclose, sell, exchange nor trade your personal identifiable information to commercial mailing lists.
Protecting Your Information
We take information security issues seriously. Consequently, any personal identifiable information is stored and protected on servers with adequate security measures. We will cease all communication and use of personal identifiable information upon your request. Your privileges for access to the Resources on this Site may then be suspended.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to ourselves; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links To Other Sites
This Site contains links to other websites. Please be aware that Sunny Start-Up Marketing is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and we encourage you read the privacy policies of other website that you visit after leaving Sunny Start-Up Marketing.
How do we protect your information?
We use regular Malware Scanning
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider (Stripe) and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We have implemented the following:
Opting out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We comply with
1) California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- You can change your personal information by emailing us.
- We honour Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track plant cookies. We also don’t use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
- It’s important to note that we do not allow the collection of Personally Identifiable Information via third-party behavioural tracking.
2) COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States. The concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices, we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 7 business days.
- We will notify all users via in-site notification within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
3) CAN-SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, and respond to inquiries and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not to use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email. You will be immediately removed from the mailing list.
4) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you the following rights:
1. Right to Basic Information
2. Right to Restrict Processing
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (usually before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Right to Access Your Information
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised by contacting us under the information provided below.
4. Right of Rectification
If you detect errors or inconsistencies in the data we hold about you, you have the right to rectify this information. In some cases, we require you to correct erroneous information for the purposes of providing you with services related to your interactions our Site.
5. Right to Erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten)
You may ask us to delete your personal data if the continued processing of those data is not justified.
6. Right to not be evaluated on the basis of automated processing (also known as profiling)
You have the right not to be subject to profiling.
If there are any questions regarding this pPrivacy pPolicy, you may contact us using the information below.
Sunny Startup Marketing
5050 Sanders Street
Burnaby, BC, V5H 1T1
Changes To This Statement
|July 2018||Updated for GDPR Compliance|